Brown Bag Lunches Continue!
We are pleased to announce our next round of the brown bag lunch series. Don’t miss out on great tips and tricks to advance your knowledge and skills in web design and development!
Space is becoming limited, register now!!
Web Design & Development
Instructed by: Leigh Melander
Monday, June 19th
12Noon – 1:30pm
Session One: Get Your Website Up and Live Over Lunch
Beginning Web Design
For people who want to get a website up for their business. Whether you’ve avoided it entirely because it’s scary and expensive, or you’ve had something up that is outdated, or want to claim your site and be able to update it yourself, a simple WordPress website can be powerful and professional.
By the end of this class, you will have a live website, hosted on WordPress.com, for a just few bucks a month.
A quarter of the world’s websites are built in WordPress. It’s an amazing tool that grows as you grow, and hosting your site on their server lets you get started right away, with great support. It’s the perfect way to finally get an effective website up and flying!
We’ll learn how to get it up and hosted, make it look pretty, and define what a website needs to do to support your business.
You’ll need to bring:
· An idea of the web address (URL) that you want to use. I.e., www.whatwouldyoulike.com?
· A credit card to register your site.
· A laptop computer.
· Your logo, if you have one, as an image file (jpg or png, but not PDF)
· A few pictures of your business, yourself, your product, or anything else that you’d like the world to see.
· Copy about your business – a paragraph (or more) about what you do, services you offer, etc.
· Hours that you’re open.
· Contact information.
· Addresses for any of your social media tools. (For example, the URL for your Facebook page…)
Monday, June 26th
12Noon – 1:30pm
Session Two: Making Your WordPress Website Work For You
Intermediate Web Design
In this session, we will:
· Answer questions if you got stuck anywhere in the first round.
· Add some more bells and whistles to your site.
· Explore ‘sticky content’ – how to add news and ideas to continue to strengthen your site.
· Explore more of the great tools that you can use with WordPress to get more people to visit your site like SEO, site stats, and social media integration.
· Think more deeply about how you can make the site work for you.
What you should bring:
· Your laptop
For people who have built their site on WordPress.com or host their own WordPress site and who’d like to better understand JetPack and other WordPress tools.
Bring your bag lunch and your desire to learn!
43355 State Highway 28
2nd Floor Library
Arkville, NY 12406
Registration Fee: $10.00
Limited Space – Reservations are a MUST! Do not miss your opportunity to educate and update yourselves, and network.
Email: email@example.com to register
About the Instructor
Leigh spent 20 years as a marketing and planning consultant for both commercial and nonprofit organizations. She has designed and hosted over 30 WordPress sites for national and international clients and her own projects. She and her husband own Spillian, and she is honored to serve on the MARK Project Board. (And she’s seriously jazzed about getting every business in the region up on the web!)