Print Shortlink

Arkville

welcome to arkvilleArkville had some of the first European settlers in Delaware County. Dutch settlers moved into the area in 1763. In 1871 the Rondout & Oswego Railroad arrived into Dean’s Corners, as Arkville was known at the time. Some historians say the station was built on the site of the Tuscarora Indian headquarters.



In 1905, Arkville became even more of a railroad hub when the Delaware and Eastern, later the Delaware and Northern provided a west bound connection to Margaretville, Andes, The Reservoir Towns, Downsville and East Branch.

Today Arkville is in the midst of a rebirth, with the Delaware and Ulster excursion rail ride, The Catskill Center for Conservation and Development and The Erpf Gallery, the Catskill Forest Association, the Catskill regional office of The Nature Conservatory all within walking distance of each other along Route 28 in the center of Arkville. There is also a gym, a train station with rides in fair weather, a cafe, antiques, and auctions!

To learn more, go to the Central Catskills Chamber of Commerce!