Town of Andes, NY

After a full year of planning with funding assistance from the NY State Homes and Community Renewal, the MARK Project was successful in their application to the NY Main Street Program for funds to improve the facades on nine building on Andes Main Street. “It was extremely beneficial to have the planning completed when writing the application for funding say’s Peg Ellsworth, Executive Director of the MARK Project. “This helped up put together a competitive and successful application.

MARK will work with nine building owners who all participated in the planning process to make some eye-catching improvements to the facades of these buildings. The funds will pay for 75% of project costs with the owners need to provide the remaining 25%. “This is a huge first step in a comprehensive and sustainable Main Street in Andes” adds Ellsworth.

MARK just completed a Regional Main Street Program that made improvements to a total of nine facades in Margaretville, Arkville and Pine Hill. MARK also intends to continue to apply for Main Street Funding to continue momentum on our Main Streets. For more information on the Andes Main Street Program contact Chelsea Slavin. chelsea@markproject.org

For New Applicants of the Extended Program

ANDES NYMS Application

Andes MS Implementation Guidelines