Community Organizations and Groups
- Andes Works! is a collection of Andes residents, both long-timers and newcomers, who are joining together to create an economy that benefits all of our residents.
- The Business Association of Margaretville is a grassroots organization made up of store owners, business professionals, community organization leaders, and local residents from the greater Margaretville area.
- The CCC of C is organized to advance the general welfare and prosperity of the Central Catskills so that its citizens and all of its business community shall prosper. All necessary means of promotion shall be provided and particular attention and emphasis shall be given to the economic, civic, commercial, cultural, industrial and educational interests of the area.
The Catskill Center for Conservation and Development
- A not-for-profit organization based in Arkville. It works to preserve the natural environment of the Catskill region and foster sustainable economic development in it. Founded in 1969, it is headquartered in the historic Erpf House along state highway NY 28 in Arkville, just outside the Catskill Park Blue Line. It works to further its mission through different methods, from advocacy and land conservation to developing educational materials and sponsoring arts and cultural events.
- A not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to help regional artists become more visible by offering a support system that helps them grow both creatively and economically. In doing so, this will help the local economy by developing a tourist attraction that will draw visitors not only to the artists, but to all other businesses in the area.
- The Catskill Watershed Corporation is a Local Development Corporation established to protect the water quality in the New York City Watershed West of the Hudson River (WOH); to preserve and strengthen communities located in the region; and to increase awareness and understanding of the importance of the NYC Water System.
- Delaware Opportunities Inc. was established in 1965 under provisions of the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964, as a Community Action Agency. Delaware Opportunities is a not-for-profit, private corporation. Although the agency contracts with Delaware County and other local municipalities, the agency is not a part of local government. It is governed by a Board of Directors, and has wide powers, designed to improve living conditions in Delaware County. The mission of the agency is to help people achieve self-sufficiency and attain a better quality of life.
- Hop aboard this Scenic Train Ride & unwind – A leisurely-paced excursion through the legendary Catskill Mountains, offering some of the country’s most magnificent scenery.
- Fleischmanns First is a community organization with the sole purpose of bringing about the enhancement of Fleischmanns, NY.
- The Greater Roxbury Business Association (GRBA) is a grass roots effort to support and grow the business environment in the Town of Roxbury for the long-term vitality and sustainability of the community. Efforts of the GRBA include member driven promotional collaboration, event planning and implementation, beautification programs and projects, and community building and connectedness. The GRBA also hosts monthly business mixers where the popular Dare to Share/Dare to Do Dream Campaign encourage entrepreneurial activity in the Town
The Pakatakan Farmer’s’ Market
- From mid-May through mid-October area farmers and artisans gather to share their creativity and bounty at the Pakatakan Farmers’ Market. Located at the historic Round Barn on Route 30 Halcottsville (approximately 5 miles north of Arkville/Margaretville) the market runs Saturdays from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Founded in 1979, the Roxbury Arts Group is a non-profit multi-arts organization dedicated to making the arts an integral part of the life of all segments of our Catskill communities by offering public performances, exhibitions, workshops, classes, presentations and demonstrations for both adults and children; distributing grants to Delaware County artists and artistic projects and providing services to them and other not-for-profit cultural organizations; and creating opportunities for the artists and the larger community of our region to engage with each other.